Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Santiago Times Office

I didn't see this in the brochure.

Before leaving for Santiago, I was told that I could stay in the office "crash pad" while I looked for a place of my own. "Perfect," I thought. Free lodging is ideal when you have no income. Unfortunately, I got what I paid for.


The crash pad also serves as the storage unit for the tourist bike rental enterprise that the publication also operates.


The bed that I was welcomed to use for as long as I want.


The office couch, where I ended up sleeping my first week in Santiago, also serves as a workspace, closet and filing cabinet during the day.


Directions for toilet use.


Worked up the courage on my fourth night to attempt a shower. I lasted about 30 seconds in there. Felt dirtier after than I did before. But according to the proprietor, "The shower's clean. We have cleaning lady who comes in and bleaches it every week."
I'm calling bullshit Mr. Anderson.