Friday, November 21, 2008

Francisco Gonzalez Review, Garabata, Santiago Sun, Horse Interview

This is a garabata (sp?) a bug that latches on to dogs and sucks their blood. It looks like a big tumor (when it's attached) but, "it's not a tumor." I plucked this guy off Leo's (pictured) neck the other day - nasty en every way. We had to burn it because it's full of eggs and if you step on it they'll spread everywhere - nasty right? When it was hooked on, it's legs were completely hidden and only revealed it's true bug form once removed from the pup.

One of the more enjoyable articles I've written so far:
http://www.revolver-magazine.com/live-music-scene/34-live-music-scene/149-francisco-gonzalez.html

It's approaching summertime here and I can tell it's gonna be a different kind of summer than I'm used to. It's hot, but not Arizona hot. It's just as dry - but the killer is the SUN. The depleted ozone layer is apparently extra depleted over Chile, and I believe it. It drains you - you can feel the sun on your skin - even if you're only out in it for a few minutes. I've got 75spf sunscreen and I pretty much sprint from shade to shade, but I'm still red at the end of the day. Scary stuff.

On a lighter note (no pun intended), here's a picture of me interviewing a police horse after Chile beat Argentina - like I think I've mentioned a couple times.

"Chile won tonight.....why the long face?"